Wednesday, April 14, 2010

mint fizz

mint

mint 2

We have so much mint growing - the supply seems to double every day!  So when I came home from a long days work today, I knew that a mint fizz was calling my name.  Luckily, I still had a container full of orange-infused simple syrup in the fridge.  (the remnants of making candied oranges).  I simply combined carbonated water, the simple syrup, and the mint - muddled around a bit.  with ice.  Cheers!

Then, for dinner, we enjoyed a delicious homemade Ethiopian 'lentil wat.'  A 'wat' is an Ethiopian stew, made with lentils, onions, garlic, chili powder, ginger, lemon juice, and nutmeg.  Not that I am an Ethiopian chef, by any means.  Really, I am just super duper enjoying an amazing cook book entitled The World of Street Food.  A cook book that captures authentic, tried-and-true recipes from all around the world, and westernizes them.  Meaning, you can read a recipe, and go to your local food store, and purchase the ingredients with ease.  Seriously, I have already made at least six recipes from this book, and each one has been really lovely.  I highly recommend it! 

signature