Thursday, April 22, 2010

today's highlights

chive flowers

the chives are already flowering - are they on crack, I wonder?  It's only April!  They say you should clip your herbs before they flower, or they will be bitter.

strawberries

Can you believe a juicy red strawberry is growing on MY balcony?  I certainly never expected this to occur.  I planted this for "funzies" as my dear friend terms it.  I can't wait to slice it in half and share it with Jesse.



Here we have a handy diagram - the beets are growing really well. They are obviously hearty plants, which is good to know. The tiny tiny little buds in the middle are the radishes I planted last weekend. And the carrots are growing - slowly, mind you - but surely.

Tonight I am going to attempt to make cherry almond nougat.  Yum!  (all to divert myself from watching the last three episodes of season 3 of Mad Men without Jesse.  The suspense is overwhelming!)

signature