Friday, May 14, 2010

fresh salad

caprese salad

Pictured here is a tomato, mozarella, and basil salad, with black Hawaiian sea salt (from our vacation there in January).  I used the two types of basil growing in the garden, the big sweet kind, and the small kind (I am a super technical person, you can tell!)

Today it has been so nice here - we went on a long bike ride on the Mount Vernon Trail, where I smelled the sweet scent of honeysuckle so many times.  But, when I checked, there were no honey beads yet!  You know, the sweet nectar on the stamen when you pull it out of the flower?  Maybe later in the summer.

Tonight we will feast on the most awesomest lobster rolls at Hank's Oyster Bar (swoon) followed by some delicious frozen custard at the Dairy Godmother (roll me home please.)

Then tomorrow we'll play a game of miniature golf, and then see a play at the Little Theater of Alexandria

Oh, Old Town, Alexandria, I love you so!!


signature