Sunday, May 9, 2010

San Antonio

We just got back from a nice, relaxing trip to San Antonio (I was there for work). It was a great place to visit, and the riverwalk is super neat to walk along. Our favorite place to explore was the new Pearl district, which is a northern expansion of the riverwalk and includes live/work spaces, cute shops, and a wonderful weekend farmers' market.

We enjoyed some excellent Texan bbq, and dinner by the water, thanks to chowhound.com, my go-to message board for good food.

We also spent much of the time swimming in the hotel pool, and talking extensively about which house we want to purchase in a new development coming to our neighborhood (the floor plans were released on Friday.) Quite excited are we, to say the least!

Of course, I lugged my SLR with me everywhere we went, and so here are a few photos that I took of our trip:
DSC02202
DSC02203
DSC02200
DSC02199
DSC02193
DSC02192
DSC02190
DSC02174
DSC02172
DSC02171
DSC02180
DSC02181
DSC02187
DSC02186

We also try and purchase little pieces of art when we travel, and so we found a tin pig sculpture in La Villita, an artist village, that fit in my suitcase. Maybe it can go outside one day, in my garden? And so ... as always ...

signature

and - OINK!!! -

tin pig